At the Central New York Diaper Bank, we believe that ALL babies deserve to be clean, dry and healthy. And, we believe that ALL moms need to know that they can meet their baby's most basic needs. The startling reality is that for far too many families, this is not the case. Many people are unaware that SNAP and WIC benefits do not cover the cost of diapers. Diaper need, or lack of a sufficient supply of diapers, is real and the physical, emotional and financial consequences it has on families are staggering.
The Central New York Diaper Bank is one of more than 300 diaper banks across the country working to fill the diaper gap. By informing the communities we serve and working to collect diapers and funds, diaper banks do make an impact. We collect diapers through donations or bulk purchases with donated funds, and then repackage diapers and distribute them through social service agencies. Currently, the CNY Diaper Bank is working with a network of eight local agencies with several more on the waiting list. We need community support in order to grow our agency network and serve more families.
Diaper Need Awareness Week is an initiative of the National Diaper Bank Network (NDBN) created to mobilize efforts to help make a difference in the lives of the nearly 5.3 million babies in the U.S. aged three or younger who live in poor or low-income families. Mayor Stephanie Miner will join government officials in 30 states and 90 municipalities to mark Diaper Need Awareness Week in the City of Syracuse, September 26th-October 2nd.
HOW YOU CAN HELP DURING DIAPER NEED AWARENESS WEEK
- DONATE FUNDS through our Diaper Need Awareness Week Fundraiser on Crowdrise.com. Every dollar donated can provide a family with a day's supply of diapers for their baby. You can also help us raise funds by joining our Crowdrise.com team.
- DONATE DIAPERS at one of our many drop-off locations around CNY. You can also shop our Amazon Wish List and have diapers shipped directly to us!
- HOST A DIAPER DRIVE! Yes, you can! It's so easy--especially if you use our Diaper Drive Toolkit. This is an excellent way for businesses, churches, scout groups and schools to get involved! No effort is too small--each and every diaper makes a difference!
- TALK #DIAPERNEED on social media. Change your Facebook Profile Pic to a photo of a baby you love wearing a diaper and use #diaperneed. Share some info about diaper need and about our organization. Let others know how they can help.
- VOLUNTEER WITH US! We are 100% volunteer-run and we would love your help. We hold monthly wrapping events and are always open to having a group or organization come in to help out. Send us your info and we'll keep you in the loop.
- EAT OUT AT PIZZERIA UNO(Fayetteville) or pick-up a car side order any day that week and up to 20% will go to the CNY Diaper Bank! They are also hosting a diaper drive at UNO all week so if you pick up a pack at Topps or Target, you can drop it off right there!
- TREAT YOURSELF at SWEET FROG FROYO at the Fayetteville Town Center on SATURDAY, OCTOBER 1st and they will donate 25% of the proceeds from guests who mention the CNY Diaper Bank. You can also drop off diapers at Sweet Frog then or any day during that week!